Simple Perle Features
Simple Perle theme offers a simple set up. All customization is available in the Customize menu of your dashboard. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to set up each feature.
Simple Perle lets you customize your site even further by letting you upload your very own Site Logo from the Site Identity panel in the Customizer.
To set your logo go to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity.
From here you can upload your logo. There is no size restriction but do keep in mind the available space. Finally, click Save & Publish.
Social Media Menu
Set up is as simple as creating a new menu, assigning it to the Social Media location and then simply adding your social media link (ex: http://twitter.com/nudgedesign) as a custom link. Based on the url, the icon will appear automatically. Here’s a step-by-step:
- Go to Appearance → Menus.
- Next, click on the “Create new menu” link. Give your menu a name like “Social Media Menu” and the click Create Menu.
- Next you’ll add in your social media links one at a time using the “Custom Links” option. Add your url “Link Title“. Click, Add to Menu. The final step is to check the “Social Media” box in the Menu Settings at the bottom of the screen .
Simple Perle has 21 different social media icons for you to choose from. They include:
- Contact page
- Google +
Portfolio Section & Section Title
Simple Perle lets you showcase your three latest Portfolio items directly on the front page. Simply create your post and they’ll display on your Blog page.
If you’d rather not display them on the Blog Page, you can easily hide this in the theme’s Customizer. Here, you can also set a title for the Portfolio. To access this, go to the Appearance → Customize → Theme Options panel.
Sidebar & Footer Widgets
With Simple Perle adding a sidebar to your main post or archive page is as simple as adding a widget in the Customizer‘s Widgets panel. The layout will automatically adjust from a three-column grid layout to a two-column grid layout with sidebar.
With Simple Perle, you can add widgets to your site’s footer. Simply drop your widgets in and the layout will automatically get set to a three-column layout.
From the HTML Editor, simply add an
“animate” class to your
<img alt="" /> tag. Here’s what that will look like:
<img class="animate size-full wp-image-83" alt="" />
And the result will be:
About Me Widget
Here’s a step-by-step on how to set it up:
- From your dashboard go to Appearance → Widgets.
- Add the Simple Perle About Me Widget to either of your widget areas.
- Add a title. For example, About Me.
- Add an image url. For this, head over to:
- Media → Add New if you are using a new image or
- Media → Library if you are using one from your library.
Make sure your image is at least 135px by 135px.
- Once uploaded, click on the image to get to the Edit Media page.
- Double click or highlight the File url. Right click and copy.
- Go back to your Widgets and paste the url into the Image URL field.
- Select the image shape. Add in a short text.
- Optionally, you can link to a page with more bio info. Your image, if you have one, will automatically link to the url you set in the field.
- Hit Save. And you’re done!